In college, he studied History, Politics, English Literature, Comparing Religious Studies and Sociology. He soon found Military History to be his main interest. Weber currently lives in Greenville, South Carolina.
Many of his novels and short stories have military, particularly naval, themes, and fit into the military science fiction genre. He challenges current gender roles in the military by assuming that a gender-neutral military service will exist in the future, and by frequently placing female leading characters in what have previously been seen as traditionally male roles, he has explored the challenges faced by women in both military and politics.
Work (Safehold only) Edit
- Off Armageddon Reef (January 2007)
- By Schism Rent Asunder (July 2008)
- By Heresies Distressed (June 2009)
- A Mighty Fortress (March 2010)
- How Firm A Foundation (September 2011)
- Midst Toil and Tribulation (September 2012)
- Like A Mighty Army (February 2014)
- Hell's Foundations Quiver (October 2015)
- At the Sign of Triumph (October 2016)
- Through Fiery Trials (January 2019)